Tuesday, July 28, 2009

No work today?

Well, I didn't go to work today because we didn't have a babysitter. And between the two jobs, my shifts can easily be covered. Of course. Who wouldn't love to go to work and serve cranky old people that sometimes can't even remember their middle name, but can ask me every five seconds for more fries please.

I should be happy that I escaped that for the day right? Ehhh, maybe. So, I got to stay home today with my wonderful 3 year old and 8 year old stepdaughters.

Well the agenda was to go swimming until the klepto baby struck once again. My girlfriend left me the pool key so we could get through the gate. Not more than 30 minutes later I went to go look on the coffee table where I placed the key and DUN DUN DUN. The key is missing! Klepto baby has done it again!

I decided it was time to make lunch. The 8 year old enjoyed the brown sauce stir fry very much, whereas the 3 year old decided to feed my fat black cat her leftovers. OFF TO BED! Of course she screamed the whole way, but 10 minutes later she was sleeping like an angel. God, they are so much nicer when they are sleeping.

Well, about 5 hours later, I'm getting ready to make dinner and maybe dessert. The key is still missing, but overall not such a bad day. Just another usual day off from serving. But tomorrow it's back to the wonderful world of waiting on people hand and foot.

No comments:

Post a Comment